domingo, 7 de diciembre de 2008

Norwegian interview with Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller

- Dad spoke norwegian to me

The Prison Break star proudly shows his norwegian tatooes to Seher.no

The hotties Wentworth Miller (36) and Dominic Purcell (38) plays the brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows in the populare TV-show ”Prison Break” on TV3.

It was orginially planned to send only 13 episodes of the serie, who premiered in 2005, but because of the enormous success, are we now in season 4. Seher.no met recently the two hot guys in Los Angeles.

Dominic Purcell admits that fan meetings can be overwhelming. - Most of the fans gets really surprised when they see me, but I`m used to it now. I try to get them relaxed by being as nice as possible. I do understand that without the fans, I would not have been in this possition that I`m in now. I really appreciate my fans, he says ti Seher.no

In some contries the crazyness around them are so wild that they can`t walk around un noticed. - It is always a lot of fuzz in France and Paris when we arrives. And once in Spain I had to stay in my hotelroom for three days. I thought I could go wherever I wanted without someone reacing, but I was annoyed by paparazzies and crowds of screeming girls everywhere I went, Purcell says.

- What about Norway?

- I`m from Norway. My father and grandfather came from there, and I have an uncle who still lives there, he says eager as he rolls up his sleeves of his sweather to show a tattoo on his underarm that says: ”Phil Myrtvedt 1944 – 2002”

- That`s my name, he smiles, and refer to Myrtvedt. The 38 year olds full name is Dominic Haakon Myrtvedt Purcell.

Hopes to visit Norway soon

He then starts to show off the rest of his tattooes on his arms, and explains what they all are. - I have a compass, my childrens initials and their birthdays. I also have contries that means a lot to me, a little mermaid with big boobs, a norwegian ship and there is also a whale her somewhere. I`m planning on getting more eventually. To me, it is a way to express myself, he says.

- But yes, I would love to visit Norway someday. My dad spoke norwegian to me when I was a kid, but unfortunately I doesn`t remeber nothing.

- Have you been there before?

- No, but I really want to go. My brother has been there several times, and he brags about the contry. He says it`s beautiful. But I want to visit when it`s summer, because I`ve heard that it`s so dark there during winter, he laughs. When Purcell is not at work, he likes spending time in the water, something that may not be that strange, as he grew up in sunny Sydney in Australia.

- The funniest thing I do is surfing. You find me everyday in the water. It`s important to me to stay away from Hollywood, so I live 1 ½ hour outside of the city. I also love spending time with my kids.

Our half norwegian friend got divorced from his wife Rebecca Williamson, who he has four children with, last year. Despite his oldest child is only nine, his kids still gets to watch the show.

- Yes, they do. They know that daddy is an actor, and that my job is to pretend being someone else. But they think it`s supercool.

The father of four children loves his work, but also appreciates it when others tells him they like his work. - My job is not to save the world, but to entertain people. If I can, on any way, make live easier for someone through my work, nothing is better then that, he says, and continues. - It was interesting when soliders in Irak came to me and said that the show gott hem through their stay. That meant a lot to me – sometimes I do ask myself questions to what I`m really doing. I love to be an actor, but I can still be unsecure regarding my work. It`s then extra fun when people comes up to me in that way that the soliders did.

- Have you ever thought about changing your profession?

- Not really, but when I quited school, I was a landscape architect. Then it was just surfing, beer and girls that kept me going. Eventually I wanted to move on. I have always been very creative and dramatic, but I never thought about being an actor before I almost with an accident stombeld over it, Purcell says.

Feels like a rockstar.

The transition from being a more or less unknown face to suddenly winning awards as the worlds most sexy men came a little surprising on Wentworth Miller.

- I never thought Michael should be as big sex symbol as he is. So I was really surprised during season 1. The fact that he is willing to sacrifice everything for the people he loves is a quality that women finds attractive, he says while smiling shy.

Prison Break is not only a hit in USA, it`s also a big success internatonally.

- I actually meet more fans abroad than I do back home. It has been really good in that way. We get to live our lifes more or less out of the radar at home, but when we get to France or China we suddenly experience how it is being a rockstar, he says.



Source: http://www.seher.no/php/art.php?id=796595

Translated by Emmy

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Your site is stunning!!
congratulations and success!!!

Liz dijo...

Thank you, very kind of you.

PATCHWORKS